Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Effects of an Awareness of Analysis...

Thinking about conflict in terms of analysis, I am forced to find the true root of my present conflicts and be really honest with myself as a result - and this has already begun to make my conflicts more manageable and more productive. I would even go so far as to say that by being increasingly involved with my conflicts I am simultaneously discovering more of what I really want from the situation and also getting it.

Coincidentally enough, probably one of the biggest conflicts of my life is echoed in a scene study that I am doing this semester. Thinking about the real-life situation in terms of analysis has already proved wildly effective and what was a very rocky relationship is better than it has ever been. However, within the scene that reflects my actual conflict, analyzing both the emotions of myself and the other real-life party as well as the characters using methods from class has revealed one of the deepest character connections I have ever achieved as an actor. Thinking in terms of analysis, especially with conflict (considering the potential for progress within conflict) has imposed a new level of patience and transparency within myself and how I deal with many situations that represent different degrees of conflict.

1 comment:

  1. wow -- nice to see it having such useful impact
    good job with the journals

    ReplyDelete