Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Analyzing My Conflicts; Facing Them Effectively

When I think about the conflicts in my own life and in the world that I live in, I sometimes feel overwhelmed. As a young adult, I am still trying to find the perfect balance in my life between school, friends, family, work, sports, and all of the items in-between. I am constantly busy with items that I don’t mind dealing with and others that I completely try to ignore. Just this year I have been faced with multiple conflicts regarding friends and relationships, family, and just personal (inner) battles.

Thinking of my conflicts in terms of an analysis level, I am able to see some details much more clearly. Using an analysis approach within my conflicts I am able to hone in on what is causing the conflict, why it is important, and what are some options for overcoming it. I see myself finding conflicts easier to deal with when I really take the time to see what is “actually” going on. Conflicts may not always be an easy fix when it comes to my life, but the more time I spend going through college, the more I realize how important certain conflicts can be. It’s hugely important to myself to fix conflicts as quickly and effectively as I can, and using an analysis approach can greatly increase my chances of doing so.

No comments:

Post a Comment