Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Conflict in terms of my life...

Conflict in my life at the moment is starting to become more emotionally affective than I think I have ever allowed it to be in the recent past. I think that the level of how honest I want to be with myself and what I need from a situation influences how I approach a conflict greatly. I am always a supporter of compromise but sometimes, I compromise my own interests right out of the equation and end up feeling too much in service to others because I overestimated how much I could forfeit for the sake of agreement.

Recently, it has been conflicts in certain relationships that have come to matter the most simply because I have a feeling of guilt that there is conflict in the first place with these people.

This semester, I would most like to learn how to be honest to myself in the midst of mediating my conflicts. I feel that I am actually doing both parties and the situation as a whole a disservice by not being honest about what I need as it will just put certain things “on the back burner” until they become a direct issue. I often place myself in the short stool at Kritek’s “uneven table” and would like to move towards establishing a feeling of a level table with all my conflicts.

No comments:

Post a Comment