Friday, October 8, 2010

Macro Theory Application...

The theories I find most compelling are the two sides of the Consensus School. I tend to look for opportunities for social progress within conflict and these theories seem to provide an effective thought structure for achieving this. Most of the theories make sense within themselves and the only questions I could see arising would be distinguishing between seemingly similar theories and how imperative it is that they are actually separate theories. I see a lot of similarities in theories that claim to be distinct and I think preserving an open door policy in terms of changing your perspective on a conflict is essential to addressing what is important in the moment. I would say that if I could call myself 'native' to any one theory it would be Miscommunication because this is where most of my conflicts arise from. Usually, if I can figure out what both parties are truly feeling in the situation, it ends up that the conflict arose simply because the parties were not agreeing on what to call feelings that were ultimately shared.

No comments:

Post a Comment