Monday, October 11, 2010

We All Have Our Basic Human Needs...

Basic Human Needs Theory was easily the most compelling and applicable theory I have learned to this point. The theory speaks of humans having a certain set of needs, and that if these are not met, will do anything within their power to achieve them. I really like this theory because I can also contribute the fundamentals of the theory to my criminology class and use it as an approach to both question and analyze deviance in our society. Theories can be confusing, and while I may not have questions about applying the theories to conflicts yet, I will ultimately have to question the application to certain conflicts if I hope to be a successful conflict mediator. To me there is no one theory of conflict or one reason that it occurs. I firmly believe that each person is biological, physically, and mentally different from one another. Due to these multiple reasons and factors, we see them play into the role of conflict and deviance.

No comments:

Post a Comment