Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Let me accommodate you at my expense!

Throughout the semester I have really honed in on what conflict is, how to identify it, and how to possibly solve it. Along with learning about conflict, I have been able to apply concepts learned in class to my own life and my own conflict style. In class we learned that there are many different conflict styles including ones such as competition, compromising, and accommodating.

As a person who is faced with conflict on a daily basis, I have had plenty of experiences and chances to explore my own conflict style. I really try to maintain any peace within a situation when I have the opportunity to do so, and because of this I tend to follow an accommodating conflict style. This type of style focuses on maintaining the harmony and agreeing with the other side. I am a firm believer compromising and finding a resolution that will work for both sides thus making both parties happy, however I am more of an accommodating person because I tend to give the other side more, and will ultimately jeopardize a little bit of my own happiness to see the other side reach what they want.

No comments:

Post a Comment